Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 71

Day 71

Took my first real, honest, careful step into .02/.05. I wasn't following proper br management, per say, but I had just come off a +20$ session of .01/.02. Important things to note- 1)I didn't go to 5nl to try to make back lost money. 2)Before the 5nl session, I knew, and literally said to myself that at the time, I was capable of playing very good poker. 3)Instead of 4 tabling, I just sat at one, and paid very close attention. 4)My goal in playing 5nl was not to make crazy profit, but rather to start to get a feel for the game. 5)I set myself a TIME limit of about a half hour, since I needed to get to sleep early. 6)I stopped playing at the time I predesignated, and with about $1.5 profit.

Oh yeah, and if you were curious, I mentioned that it wasn't proper br management, but I'll be more specific. Going into the 5nl, I had about 15bi (for 5nl, that is). So while it wasn't the 20-25 bi rule that you'll hear quoted all around the net, it wasn't terrible. Not ideal, but not terrible.


Anyways, till next time, good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment